Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Unit 8 assignment

I think it was the first one I read, but I was really impressed out by the ALA plan. The thoroughness and directions on how to get to reach their goals really knocked me out. This looked like a plan, if followed, would have a high chance of success.

The Department of Education seemed like more of a political piece of BS geared to show what a great job they are doing and why they deserve more money from congress. I used to see these kind of presentations at my previous job and those were usually the products/projects that would fail. They would also put people to sleep if it was presented in a meeting. I remember being unimpressed with Rod Page. This document is a reminder of why.

The Dugan "Information Technology plans" seemed to be another document filled with good information on how to plan and execute.

I think my course of study, especially the Digital information certificate courses, plus my background in computers, should help a lot with me helping out in future technology planning. If I had been in the part of IBM that deals with that directly, IGS, I would even have more knowledge. My knowledge of how to administrate computers, modems and routers has got to help also. A lot of it was from trial and error, due to lack of good support (talking to someone in India was rarely helpful), so that experience should help a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment