Friday, July 30, 2010

Unit 11, php

Finally, I am getting things done early.....

I have come a ways since the beginning of this class, especially in the last few weeks. I learned a lot about relational databases, having never had experienced them before. I learned the different ways to access them and how powerful they can be. I also learned this week about php, which looks a lot like perl to me. At least in some of the syntax. It looks to be very useful in web programming with databases. I wonder if this puts me a leg up on my former java programmer co-workers. It's always nice to learn something new in technology that you can put on your resume. I don't think it has changed my perspective too much on digital information. It is the present and the future and is going to be a part of most librarians' jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment