Thursday, November 18, 2010

IRLS 675 Unit 11 part 2

Personally, I think that all of the installation and configuration done in 672 and 675 is very valuable. It may be from my desire to know how things work. However, if one would end up at a small library, you may need to do this yourself to get a small digital archive project up and going. Also, this information would at least give you some idea if IT people are trying to snow you with over estimates of time and cost to set something up. And you would also get an understanding of any problems they might be having.
I think even though it is brief(I barely remember some of the experiences with some of the software and have to go back and refresh my memory of them), I think we get enough experience with the various repository software. After entering a certain number of items, one gets the idea of how it is going to work. It would be helpful if all or most of them could be running side by side. That would be the easiest way to compare their function.

No comments:

Post a Comment