Tuesday, October 26, 2010

IRLS 675 Unit 9

My collection of images is pretty straightforward. The topic is images of music collectibles. The image is either a photograph or an image of some kind of music collectible. So it is easy, I think to be consistent in my cataloging. Keywords are usually the artist, year, type (program, ticket, CD, etc.), Title of Album if it has something to do with an album or its tour, and whether it includes an autograph. So the information can be entered straightforwardly and consistently, I believe. I have not worked in a library yet so I have no real world experience on cataloging or anything like that. So I have to go on what I know so far.

I used all those as keywords in DSpace, which I believe was a time saver while still being complete. So DSpace would be the cheapest solution for me because of the straightforwardness of its operation with my collection and also the completeness, without too much extra that I do not use.

No comments:

Post a Comment