Tuesday, September 28, 2010

IRLS 675 Unit 5

I added the "site map" drupal module. I first wanted the Google Analytics but I needed to create some kind of tracking id for google and I was having trouble logging into my google account so I abandoned that one. There wouldn't be that much usage to track anyways. Normally I think tracking would give good feedback of what people like and don't like.

I like what the site map does, mapping out everything on my site in various subject headings and lists all of my object meta data fields and their members. It also has RSS feeds. Pretty simple module as far as enabling and configuring. I just followed the installation instructions exactly and made it available to everyone and it worked. It gives me a better visual picture of what is contained in my site and helps me understand drupal more.

No comments:

Post a Comment